If you’re looking for some great winter coffee recipes to add to your Christmas and New Year celebrations, then this article is for you!
We have compiled a list of some of the most delicious and easy-to-make coffee recipes from around the web. Whether you’re making them for yourself or sharing them with others, these are sure to please! So grab your favourite mug of coffee and let’s get started…
Christmas and New Year coffee recipes
Homemade Gingerbread Coffee
- 1 double espresso
- 125 ml of milk
- ½ a vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoons of gingerbread syrup (add one more if you like sweetness)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom pod
- A pinch of ginger
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Garnish your glass or mug with gingerbread syrup.
- Mix the spices and the syrup with the coffee and heat on low for a couple of minutes.
- Pour your strained drink into a mug, and add warm milk.
- Garnish with whipped cream, gingerbread crumbs, and ground cinnamon. (Optional)
Et voilà! Best served immediately, enjoy!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Puree
- Vanilla and Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spices, and vanilla extract on the stove.
- Mix the pumpkin spice milk with your lovely coffee.
- Divide it between two mugs and add whipped cream if wanted.
Serve with love and enjoy!
If you want to know more, here’s an amazing in-depth article on the making method of the Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Latte from scratch!
- Mint Syrup
- 180 ml milk
- 30 gr unsweetened chocolate
- 125 ml espresso coffee
- Whipped cream
- Crushed candy canes
- Heat the milk and unsweetened chocolate together until melted and combined.
- Add the milk mixture to a glass jar, and shake until you see foam.
- Pour the milk mixture into your holiday mug.
- Stir in the coffee and 2-3 tablespoons of mint syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.
Serve and beware of a sugar rush!
Homemade Eggnog Latte
- 6 large egg yolks
- 120 gr granulated sugar
- 250 ml heavy whipping cream
- 500 ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for topping
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until creamy.
- Over medium-high heat, combine the cream, milk, nutmeg and salt. Stir until the mixture gains a slight simmer.
- Add a big spoon of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Add one spoon at a time carefully.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture is just slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the eggnog through a fine strainer into a container and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg and fresh whipped cream.
Salted Caramel Latte
- 120 ml milk
- 2 tbs salted caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 250 espresso
- whipped cream
- Combine milk, caramel sauce, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Heat until warm, and stir well to dissolve caramel sauce and cocoa powder.
- Add coffee, place it in a blender and blend to get frothy.
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and more caramel sauce (if desired).
Homemade Vanilla Coffee
- 60 ml espresso
- 450ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Heat over low heat until warm, stirring often so it doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan or get lumpy (about five minutes).
- Add in your espresso coffee; stir until combined and then remove from heat immediately.
- Serve in a mug and top with whipped cream!
Butterscotch Coffee (8 servings)
- 125 gr butterscotch chips, chipped
- 8 cups hot brewed coffee
- 125 ml heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- Melt the butterscotch chips and stir with the coffee until the chips are melted.
- Stir in cream and sugar and pour into your lovely holiday mugs.
- Top each serving with whipped cream and enjoy!
Honey Cinnamon Latte
- 125 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 ml of coffee
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to steam.
- Add honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir until everything is dissolved.
- Pour into a mug and add coffee (or espresso).
Simple and quick, bon appetit!
- 250 ml milk (almond milk works well too)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once it begins to bubble, add vanilla extract and cardamom.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add honey.
- Pour into mugs, then top with whipped cream!
There you go, this one never fails to be loved!
If you’re interested in learning how to make coffee creamers as well (f.ex. Pumpkin Spice creamer or French Vanilla creamer) check out our other blog here.
Thank you for following along with us as we posted various winter coffee recipes for Christmas and New Year.
We hope that you enjoy this season, spending time with friends and family, as well as preparing some of these delicious coffee recipes to share with them during this year’s Christmas and New Year!